BUG #2501: JOIN and capitial letters in Table Row

From: "ALL" <thegreatall(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #2501: JOIN and capitial letters in Table Row
Date: 2006-06-28 03:13:28
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 2501
Logged by: ALL
Email address: thegreatall(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.1
Operating system: Windows
Details:

I had a table as like the following named products:

id ClientID ProductID is_multiqty is_active
1 12345 1000001 1 1
2 12345 1000002 0 1

and another table named productoptions with the following:

id ProductID Sku Description OptionID minpayments maxpayments maxqty is_acti
ve
1 1000001 somedesc1 1 1 1 0 1
1 1000002 CX7535 somedesc2 1 1 3 0 1

when I ran the following sql I got: ""ERROR: column product.ProductID does
not exist":

SELECT *
FROM products
JOIN productoptions
ON products.ProductID = productoptions.ProductID

However, if i changed the name of the fields in the database to:

"productid"

It would work fine.