Re: Copy Data Question

From: Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: operationsengineer1(at)yahoo(dot)com, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Copy Data Question
Date: 2006-06-26 14:49:00
Lists: pgsql-novice

> Richard, i'm not sure if you have seen one of my many
> posts today, but OOo was enclosing everything in ''.
> while unintuitive, i finally figured out i could
> delete either of two text delimiter options so that
> the text wasn't delimited - and the problem went away.

Yes that is true. But for the sake of argument, the copy command sould have worked for values
enclosed in quotes as well. Perhaps the QUOTE [ AS ] 'quote', is your case the quote was a "'"
, possibly you needed to specify QUOTE AS ''''. Maybe quote escaping was required in the copy
command.

Regards,

Richard Broersma Jr.