Re: DescribParam

From: Ludek Finstrle <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz>
To: "Glenn B(dot) Lawler" <gblawler(at)incodesystems(dot)com>
Cc: "'PostgreSQL ODBC List'" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: DescribParam
Date: 2006-06-07 19:23:31
Lists: pgsql-odbc

> When I call SQLDescribeParam using PostgreSQL ODBC Driver
> psqlodbc-08_02_0002 SQL_ERROR is the return code.

This API has never been supported. Why do you use it when psqlODBC
returns info that it doesn't support SQLDescribeParam?

> What I am trying to do with this call is determine the buffer size
> needed to allocate a buffer so I can call SQLBindParameter with
> a big enough buffer.

There is the problem that PgSQL backend doesn't support it before
execution (I haven't found another information yet).

> My only thought was to provide an override for this in my library
> to force the parameter size when the driver does not return it.

Maybe you may depend on other information like PostgreSQL driver, ...

> Does anyone have a better workaround for this?

Sorry, I don't have one.

Regards,

Luf