DescribParam

From: "Glenn B(dot) Lawler" <gblawler(at)incodesystems(dot)com>
To: 'PostgreSQL ODBC List' <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: DescribParam
Date: 2006-06-07 19:03:56
Lists: pgsql-odbc

When I call SQLDescribeParam using PostgreSQL ODBC Driver psqlodbc-08_02_0002
SQL_ERROR is the return code.

What I am trying to do with this call is determine the buffer size needed to allocate a buffer
so I can call SQLBindParameter with a big enough buffer.

I have tried defaulting this to a number > 255, but this causes some other drivers, like
MS Access to choke.

MS SQL Server and others return the correct parameter size.

My only thought was to provide an override for this in my library to force the parameter
size when the driver does not return it.

Does anyone have a better workaround for this?

Glenn Lawler
www.incodesystems.com