Re: Sun Fire T2000 and PostgreSQL 8.1.3

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Juan Casero (FL FLC)" <Juan(dot)Casero(at)wholefoods(dot)com>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org, Luke Lonergan <llonergan(at)greenplum(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Sun Fire T2000 and PostgreSQL 8.1.3
Date: 2006-04-13 02:55:55
Lists: pgsql-performance

I am thinking the most flexible solution would be to get a dual Operon
machine, and initially do both data loading and queries on the same
machine. When the load gets too high, buy a second machine and set it
up as a Slony slave and run your queries on that, and do the data loads
on the original machine as master.

Bruce Momjian http://candle.pha.pa.us