Re: Sun Fire T2000 and PostgreSQL 8.1.3

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "Juan Casero \(FL FLC\)" <Juan(dot)Casero(at)wholefoods(dot)com>, "Luke Lonergan" <llonergan(at)greenplum(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Sun Fire T2000 and PostgreSQL 8.1.3
Date: 2006-04-05 22:01:39
Lists: pgsql-performance

Juan,

> When I hit
> this pgsql on this laptop with a large query I can see the load spike up
> really high on both of my virtual processors. Whatever, pgsql is doing
> it looks like both cpu's are being used indepently.

Nope, sorry, you're being decieved. Postgres is strictly one process, one
query.

You can use Bizgres MPP to achieve multithreading; it's proprietary and you
have to pay for it. It does work well, though.

More importantly, though, you haven't really explained why you care about
multithreading.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus