Where to put the new donations page?

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Where to put the new donations page?
Date: 2006-03-11 18:54:52
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-www

Folks,

Real Soon Now we're going to want to put up an new donations page which
funnels funds to the various PostgreSQL non-profits (SPI, SPI-Europe,
PostgreSQL.fr, JPUG). Obviously, it would be better to make this part of the
home page ... www.postgresql.org/Donations or suchlike.

Questions:
1) Where do we put information about the Fundraising Committee? This ought
to be public, but it would extend the Donations page into multiple pages. Is
that OK?
2) Do major (> $1000) financial sponsors get to be Sponsors at
www.postgresql.org/about/Sponsors, or do we put them somewhere else? (we'll
probably need to have this argument on Advocacy as well).

I also need to find out whether we might have to put the PostgreSQL fund stuff
on a separate web page; there are some legal restrictions on what a 501(c)3
can share a web page with.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions