Re: reinstallation of Posstgresql 8.0 program

From: <operationsengineer1(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Shaler <sardakur(at)insightbb(dot)com>, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: reinstallation of Posstgresql 8.0 program
Date: 2006-02-23 19:21:58
Lists: pgsql-novice

> I had to remove my Sam Broadcaster program and with
> it Posstgresql 8.0.
> During the re-installation, the program stops and
> gives the
> message".could not be installed. Verify you have
> sufficient
> privileges.". I am at the administrator level as a
> user.
>
> I have removed the program, all related file
> folders I could find and
> ran a program to clean the registry. I have read the
> FAQ solutions on
> the web site but apparently I do not understand what
> it is telling me to
> do. So, if someone could explain to me what I am
> missing it would be a
> great help and please explain it like you were
> talking to a two year. I
> might get it.
>
> Shalerman

check here for som einstyructions how to install pgsql
(download the pdf):

http://www.geocities.com/operationsengineer1/

it sounds like you don't have permission to access the
install directory.

on winxp pro, i think you can just right click on the
directory in question and adjust the permissions. on
winxp home, i think you have to restart, go into safe
mode and log in as administrator. then i think you
can right click and adjust permissions.

your path is probably something similar to:

C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.1\data\

make sure your admin user has rights to all the
directories. you might want to delete the directory,
if it exists, and try again.

good luck.