Re: pgsql-committers shouldn't be the default "developers"

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql-committers shouldn't be the default "developers"
Date: 2006-01-17 00:52:16
Lists: pgsql-www

Tom Lane wrote:
> "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org> writes:
> > As someone else suggested, do we want to set Reply-To on that list as
> > well, to redirect discussions to -hackers?
>
> I don't think we should try to force that to happen. A fair part of the
> followup threads in -committers aren't really very interesting and need
> not go to -hackers. Another problem with adding Reply-To is that by
> default a copy will *not* go personally to the particular committer,
> which is something that you usually do want to happen when commenting
> on a commit.
>
> (BTW, have we yet got things fixed so that all the addresses that appear
> as "From:" for committers actually work to forward mail to the
> respective person? Last I checked it seemed not to work for me or
> Bruce, but that was awhile ago.)

It does work for me now, and probably for you too. :-)

All email to @postgresql.org addresses go into this email system:

http://webmail.postgresql.org/imp/login.php

I used to have a .forward file in my shell home directory so all email
went to my pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us address, but when I started getting a
lot of spam from momjian(at)postgresql(dot)org, I removed the .forward file, so
I was unsure where my email was going. When Josh Berkus wanted to use
the momjian(at)postgreql(dot)org address for press contacts, I had to get it
working again. I logged into that web account and had +99% spams.
Since Marc has added procmail spam tags, I have now re-added my .forward
file, and use the procmail tags Marc adds to help my system learn about
spam before discarding the email.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us