Re: pgsql-committers shouldn't be the default "developers" list

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql-committers shouldn't be the default "developers" list
Date: 2006-01-16 19:11:05
Lists: pgsql-www

"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org> writes:
> As someone else suggested, do we want to set Reply-To on that list as
> well, to redirect discussions to -hackers?

I don't think we should try to force that to happen. A fair part of the
followup threads in -committers aren't really very interesting and need
not go to -hackers. Another problem with adding Reply-To is that by
default a copy will *not* go personally to the particular committer,
which is something that you usually do want to happen when commenting
on a commit.

(BTW, have we yet got things fixed so that all the addresses that appear
as "From:" for committers actually work to forward mail to the
respective person? Last I checked it seemed not to work for me or
Bruce, but that was awhile ago.)