Re: Convertion of date/time binary format to text format

From: Volkan YAZICI <yazicivo(at)ttnet(dot)net(dot)tr>
To: "Mavinakuli, Prasanna (STSD)" <prasanna(dot)b-m(at)hp(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Convertion of date/time binary format to text format
Date: 2005-12-27 18:53:51
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Dec 23 12:25, Mavinakuli, Prasanna (STSD) wrote:
> So how can I get the ASCII format/Text format from that binary
> format.
>
> Please get me the steps to convert timestamp column which is of
> binary mode to TEXT/ASCII mode

I attached an example program which answers your question. Hope
this helps.

(I skipped byte order conversions in my example for simplicity. Don't
forget 'em in your own program for portability.)

Regards.

--
"We are the middle children of history, raised by television to believe
that someday we'll be millionaires and movie stars and rock stars, but

Attachment Content-Type Size
libpq_binary_date.c text/plain 1.2 KB