Re: horology regression test failure

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Martin Pitt <martin(at)piware(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: horology regression test failure
Date: 2005-12-21 21:23:45
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-hackers

Am Mittwoch, 21. Dezember 2005 08:21 schrieb Martin Pitt:
> However, if --bindir etc. cannot be set, then maybe configure should
> not offer these options?

They can be set and support for that will not go away. But if you choose
unfortunate combinations of locations, the installation becomes
unrelocatable. Having a relocatable installation is a fairly uninteresting
feature for binary package building on Linux systems (it was mainly intended
for Windows), so I would not worry about that.

The problem with the temporary-installation regression tests has always been
that they sometimes erroneously refer to the declared final installation
location rather than the temporary installations. Rpaths have been a
particular problem. This is something that one justs deals with manually. I
suppose one could add, say, an environment variable override for the time
zone database but I'm not sure that we need a global solution for such a rare
failure case.