Re: Next development steps?

From: Ludek Finstrle <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Next development steps?
Date: 2005-12-21 13:39:23
Lists: pgsql-odbc

> > I don't think release have to wait for this one.
>
> I do, because Tom will be needing a good release for inclusion in FC5,
> otherwise it may end up being rolled back to an 07.xx release if he
> thinks the problem is too risky to release (which it sounds like he
> does).

Ok. I didn't know this informations. But I can try it in January at first.
What's the deadline?

> > There are known bugs:
> > - report for sqlstate (1000495) - I try to solve it now.
> > + 1 waiting

Solved (I hope).

> > - SEGFAULT during SQLCancel (1000475)
> > + 0 waiting
> > - private announce about problems with Text larger than X bytes
> > + 1 waiting

I hope I'll solve it before the end of week.

> > I don't know what all you want to give into new release.
>
> Not sure what you mean?

It looks to me that psqlodbc-08.01.0105 with bug 1000475 solved is
the most stable since libpq conversion.
I don't use cleanups as I wrote before.

But the most features has 07.03.255 from Hiroshi Saito.
When we create new stable branch why don't create one for 07.03?

> OK, I'm not worried about cleanups as long as it is as bug-free as
> possible.

I don't worry about bugs but about losing next steps to updateable cursor.

Regards,

Luf