Re: Next development steps?

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Ludek Finstrle <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Next development steps?
Date: 2005-12-21 13:58:06
Lists: pgsql-odbc

On 21/12/05 1:39 pm, "Ludek Finstrle" <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz> wrote:

>>> I don't think release have to wait for this one.
>>
>> I do, because Tom will be needing a good release for inclusion in FC5,
>> otherwise it may end up being rolled back to an 07.xx release if he
>> thinks the problem is too risky to release (which it sounds like he
>> does).
>
> Ok. I didn't know this informations. But I can try it in January at first.
> What's the deadline?

Don't know. Last time we spoke there had been some delays, but that was a
while back. I'm assuming you need this fixed for FC5 Tom - what's the
current deadline?

> It looks to me that psqlodbc-08.01.0105 with bug 1000475 solved is
> the most stable since libpq conversion.

It's certainly looking that way, thanks to you.

> But the most features has 07.03.255 from Hiroshi Saito.
> When we create new stable branch why don't create one for 07.03?

And do what with it? It's code that has deviated significantly from the main
tree, has never been released by us, and is as far as I'm aware, largely
untested, certainly by the general community. In addition, the architecture
is basically that which we're in the middle of ripping out and rewriting.

>> OK, I'm not worried about cleanups as long as it is as bug-free as
>> possible.
>
> I don't worry about bugs but about losing next steps to updateable cursor.

I mean the stable release - that should be as bug free as possible.

Regards, Dave