Re: Installation trouble - Solved

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Weberhofer GmbH <office(at)weberhofer(dot)at>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, scrawford(at)pinpointresearch(dot)com
Subject: Re: Installation trouble - Solved
Date: 2005-12-17 18:03:10
Lists: pgsql-general

Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> >The distinction is that RPMs and pginstaller are port-specific, binary
> >distributions.
> >

> So they can't be considered official port releases for the PGDG? They
> are not "forks".
> Or, are you saying that the only official PGDG release is the source?

Yes, I think the only official PGDG stuff is source. The binaries are
done by port-specific teams. PGDG doesn't deal with MSI installer
issues, or RPM issues, only the port-specific teams do. I know I don't
read any RPM emails and any MSI issues are dealt with by the Win32
people.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us