how to monitor dead connections to postgresql database

From: jing han <jing_han_66(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: postgres interface <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: how to monitor dead connections to postgresql database
Date: 2005-10-04 13:21:51
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-interfaces

Hello,

After 6 days busy running, one of my process dead of
cannot connect to database, and the log message shows
that exceeding max_connections. The max_connections =
30.

By running watch -d "ps ax |grep postgres" I only find
6 connections to database, there must be dead
connections laying around and I cannot see them.

Can you tell me how to monitor dead connections to
postgres database?

Thank you!

jing

http://mail.yahoo.com