need help on setting up pgsql

From: ozgur(dot)ulku(at)litumtech(dot)com
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: need help on setting up pgsql
Date: 2005-10-04 12:43:52
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi guys, I need some help on setting up pgsql 8.0 on windows xp. I know
that this must be a basic task but somehow I couldn't figure out how to
get it work. I did setup pgsql correctly in that I can have access to
pgAdmin III console, but when i try to setup a new server, even though
I uncheck the option "password required", I still get an error saying
that I entered invalid password. Basically, I need help on first
creating a server and then creating a new database. Why do I keep
getting the error: "password authentication failed for user ..."??

Any help would be greatly appreciated...Thanks in advance..