Too many processes

From: Fabio Hecht <fhecht(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Too many processes
Date: 2005-07-19 15:11:56
Lists: pgsql-php

Hi!

Can anyone help me?

I have a Linux/Apache/PHP/PostgreSQL server. It has about 35
concurrent
clients. The problem is it quickly (in a few hours) reaches 150 httpd
and postmaster processes, making it stop responding. I tried both
pg_connect() and pg_pconnect(), and I got similar results. The
connection string is aways exactly the same. I don't think I should
increase MaxClients beyond 150, because it doesn't have that many
clients.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Fabio