Re: re my previous e-mail client-server example

From: Bruno Wolff III <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to>
To: John Tulodziecki <johnt(at)squire-technologies(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: re my previous e-mail client-server example
Date: 2005-07-15 11:50:52
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 17:56:44 +0100,
John Tulodziecki <johnt(at)squire-technologies(dot)co(dot)uk> wrote:
> Bizzarly its now working after I added the server ip address in addition to
> the client ip address in the listen addresses config line !!!

That isn't bizzare. The listen address is what address the server should
be listening on. Note that computers have multiple IP addresses and
this allows you to have the server only listen on one of them. If you
want to listen on all of them, you want to use 0.0.0.0 for the address.

What addresses are allowed for clients is controlled by the pg_hba.conf file.