Re: Constraint Exclusion (Partitioning) - Initial Review requested

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)surnet(dot)cl>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Constraint Exclusion (Partitioning) - Initial Review requested
Date: 2005-07-02 22:29:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

On Sat, Jul 02, 2005 at 03:56:48PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Simon Riggs wrote:
> >
> > I enclose a fully working implementation of Constraint Exclusion, a very
> > basic form of Partitioning. Initial review is requested, to allow us all
> > to assess what further work is required on this prior to Beta freeze.

> I am surprised no one else has commented on it, which I think means your
> code is ready for the queue. Do you want to adjust it based on this
> feedback or should I apply and you can adjust it later.

I think that the fact that no one commented on it means that nobody has
thoroughly reviewed it. I skimmed over the patch, and it seems OK to me
(save a typo in a comment, it said "OR" and the code said "and" in one
of the truth tables), but my knowledge of the optimizer is not enough
for my comments to have any weight.

--
Alvaro Herrera (<alvherre[a]surnet.cl>)
"Ciencias políticas es la ciencia de entender por qué