Resource Requirements

From: elein(at)varlena(dot)com (elein)
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: elein <elein(at)varlena(dot)com>
Subject: Resource Requirements
Date: 2005-06-13 00:30:49
Lists: pgsql-performance

I've got a list of old resource requirements.
I want to know how far off they are and if anything
crucial is missing. My usual recommendation is
"as much as you can afford" so I don't usually deal
with real numbers :)

RAM:
Number of connections * 2MB
Disk:
Program and Manual 8-15MB
Regression Tests 30MB
Compiled Source 60-160MB
Storage for user data ( as much as you can afford :)

Please copy me since I'm not officially on this list.

Thanks,

Elein

elein(at)varlena(dot)com Varlena, LLC www.varlena.com

PostgreSQL Consulting, Support & Training

PostgreSQL General Bits http://www.varlena.com/GeneralBits/