Re: Proposal for building knowledgebase website.

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Proposal for building knowledgebase website.
Date: 2005-06-09 22:07:27
Lists: pgsql-www

Dave,

> I never argued that there wasn't a relationship - in fact, I explicitly
> agreed that we do need more people to be involved! What I said was, that
> from a development point of view, getting an easy to use joe-public
> interface should be secondary to getting the basic system up and
> running. Kinda like not waiting for pgAdmin to be released before
> releasing PostgreSQL.

Aha, I see the communications difficulty. I see the easy-to-contribute
interface as the *primary* purpose of a TechDocs without which it's not
worth bothering. And I have the fear, based on precedent, that the the
easy-to-use interface will never actually get built. Which is why I want
to adapt an existing CMS instead of starting from scratch.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions