Re: process large tables

From: Nelson Arapé <narape(at)ica(dot)luz(dot)ve>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: process large tables
Date: 2005-04-14 20:50:21
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

From the documentation
(http://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/80/query.html#query-with-cursor)

"By default the driver collects all the results for the query at once. This
can be inconvenient for large data sets so the JDBC driver provides a means
of basing a ResultSet on a database cursor and only fetching a small number
of rows.

..."

With a cursor you fetch rows by pieces. It is well explained in the
documentation.

Bye
Nelson Arapé