Re: Very worried about this

From: Steve Crawford <scrawford(at)pinpointresearch(dot)com>
To: Kris Kiger <kris(at)musicrebellion(dot)com>, Scott Marlowe <smarlowe(at)g2switchworks(dot)com>
Cc: "Pgsql-Admin (E-mail)" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Very worried about this
Date: 2005-03-24 22:00:44
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Thursday 24 March 2005 1:45 pm, Kris Kiger wrote:
> I'm positive no one else has been in the database. There are two
> of us who work on it and we have been side by side all afternoon.
> The problem appears to be purely internal to the database. I'm
> running more tests as we speak and we are still recieving the same
> sporadic errors. It works for a long amount of time and then the
> error occurs, but then things work fine again for a while. The
> inconsistency is quite troubling.

Try turning up logging to catch as much as possible (all statements,
connections and everything). Don't know if it will yield a clue but
it's a place to start. At least it might trap any statement, however
generated, that is messing with the sequence if that turns out to be
the culprit or alternately it might eliminate that possibility.

Cheers,
Steve