Re: row numbering

From: Bruno Wolff III <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: row numbering
Date: 2005-03-11 14:48:30
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, Mar 10, 2005 at 13:22:05 +0100,
Karsten Hilbert <Karsten(dot)Hilbert(at)gmx(dot)net> wrote:

> Also notice that we do have views that display the missing
> shots per schedule per patient. I just have not found a way to
> join the two views (that is, given and missing) because that
> would AFAICT require the output "row numbering".

If you have a view of patients shots and a view of patients missing shots,
the way to connect them is with a union. You can then group or order
the union to display data about a patient in one place.

Another approach would to cross join the patients with the required shots
and then left join that result with the shots patients have had.