Re: Error: column "nsptablespace" does not exist

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>, PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Error: column "nsptablespace" does not exist
Date: 2004-11-30 03:06:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Monday 29 November 2004 11:03, Andreas Pflug wrote:

> >> And a little faster fixing it :-)
> >
> > I didn't even see it go through. Which is weird because I normally
> > notice that kind of thing...
>
> Same with us. It's probably the result of the 100+msg thread about
> restoring issues with tablespaces. I didn't follow it completely, so I
> missed the msg #101 which probably noticed this minor change...
>
> It would have been A Good Thing (tm) if this change had been announced
> more clearly, considering the fact that admin tools developers wouldn't
> expect such a late change.

Yeah it's the double edged sword that postgresql is maturing to the point that
there are now several admin tools that are 8.0 ready before 8.0 release will
be made, which is normally a good thing. One thing I was thinking about is
don't we normally announce if initdb is required on new beta releases? We
should.

--
Robert Treat