Re: ODBC Snapshot Installer (for Dave Page)

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: anthony(dot)caduto(at)micorp(dot)com, Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ODBC Snapshot Installer (for Dave Page)
Date: 2004-10-09 04:32:03
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Dave,

Unless someone else is willing to step up and do regular msi based updates, I
think it might be worth having Anthony do regular development releases via
inno. Just consider it as an alternative packaging, and when you're ready to
do a stable release you can look into getting the msi installer updated.
While I'm not convinced that inno is any better than msi, unless it is going
to cause trouble for end users, istm the value of taking something off your
already over-crowded plate is something that can't be overlooked.

Robert Treat

--
Robert Treat