Brand New User (I hope)

From: phil <boltin8(at)comcast(dot)net>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Brand New User (I hope)
Date: 2004-09-28 21:26:16
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hello,

I've just purchased SuSE 9.1 Professional which uses the YaST package manager
to install software and was wondering if anyone has successfully installed
Postgresql 7.4.2-31 on a Pentium based machine. I installed all of the
postgresql packages and simply ended up with a "server not found" message
when I typed: createdb mydata. I've never asked a user group for help before
so I'm not sure how to go about this.......

Thank-you,
Phil