Re: pgAccess via ssh?

From: <operationsengineer1(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Mike <1100100(at)gmail(dot)com>, hbhanujan(at)sbcglobal(dot)net
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgAccess via ssh?
Date: 2004-09-02 15:41:54
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-novice

mike,

fwiw, pgadmin worked well for me and was very easy to set up once i put the "-i" flag in my postmaster call. never tried pgaccess so can't comment.

Mike <1100100(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
Hi Hari,

Yes, I have been using ssh and bash shell to access my postgres
database using psql -d mydatabase.

Now I'd like to try a Gui frontend to aid the learning process and
help visualize some aspects of building sql queries, etc.

I was going to try pgAccess first because it appears to be a very
small, easy to use app. Maybe later on I would try pgAdmin.

Mike

On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 10:36:24 -0500, Hari Bhanujan
wrote:
> I know that after ssh you can use psql without any problems.
>
> What are you using for postgresql - pgadmin..

(send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to majordomo(at)postgresql(dot)org)