Nicer way to access field

From: Graeme Hinchliffe <graeme(dot)hinchliffe(at)zeninternet(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Nicer way to access field
Date: 2004-09-02 15:43:07
Lists: pgsql-general

Hiya, (me again :) )

I am using in my C function the field names of a row. The way I am
currently pulling out this info is with:

idfield=strdup(trigdata->tg_relation->rd_att->attrs[0]->attname.data);

(this line should just pull out the name of the 1st field in a row).

I am guessing that this structure may (or may have already) changed as
development goes on. So I am wondering is there a nicer way that I
could access the fieldnames from within a C function that will be future
compatible?

Thanks again.

--
-----