Re: Unsupported 3rd-party solutions (Was: Few questions

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Csaba Nagy <nagy(at)ecircle-ag(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Unsupported 3rd-party solutions (Was: Few questions
Date: 2004-08-23 15:59:33
Lists: pgsql-general

As Tom (I believe) has stated, and both Bruce/I have said over and over
again ... this is nothing stop'ng a group of ppl starting up a "bundled
postgresql" project, and dedicating their time and effort into building
something up ...

As Peter has stated, he had thought of this in the past, and felt it was
easier/better for the various OS distributions to do it on their own ...

In fact, Linux and FreeBSD *both* already deal with this in their
RPM/ports collections ... and, in fact, on the FreeBSD side, smaller is
better then larger, so that packager maintainers don't hvae to download a
12Meg file to get a 1Meg port out of it ...

----