[subxacts] Last try before beta

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>
To: Patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: [subxacts] Last try before beta
Date: 2004-07-31 23:17:17
Lists: pgsql-patches

Hackers,

Here is the last patch before beta for subtransactions. It fixes the
following outstanding issues:

- Add (some) user savepoint documentation
- Update comments in code, htup.h and xact.c
- EOXactCallback API extension (called on subxact start, abort, commit,
and main xact abort and commit, with an "event" parameter and the
parent transaction ID where appropiate)
- use lfirst_xid and lappend_xid (macros over lfirst_int and
lappend_int)
- Xid cache speeds up TransactionIdIsInProgress
- IsSubTransaction uses nesting depth rather that TBLOCK status
- Ordering of operations on subxact start/abort/commit matches
corresponding main xact operations
- SetReindexProcessing

Note that I deliberately broke the API for EOXactCallbacks, because
something that needs to do something at that low a level surely needs to
be at least revised to check if it's OK regarding subtransactions.

(I found no documentation for that API anyway?)

Please review and apply if OK.

"The eagle never lost so much time, as
when he submitted to learn of the crow." (William Blake)

Attachment Content-Type Size
nested-other-3.patch text/plain 76.0 KB