From: George Essig <george_essig(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: cgg007(at)yahoo(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2004-07-29 22:41:01
Lists: pgsql-general

"Chris Gamache" <cgg007(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

> When I reload and attempt to access the database I find this
> in the logs:
>
> ERROR: cache lookup failed for function 75769893

You should be OK as long as you have the dump file. If you haven't modifed any of the tsearch2
pg_ts_* tables, try and load tsearch2.sql first before loading the dump file. You will get a lot
of errors when you load the dump file. It will try to create object that tsearch2.sql already
created. Things should work if you haven't modified any of the tsearch2 tables.

Below is some sample code. Change the names of the databases and the path to the *.sql files.

createdb ts_db_b;
psql ts_db_b < tsearch2.sql;
psql ts_db_b < ts_db_a.sql;

So what if you did modify the pg_ts_* tables? Load the dump file into a new database. Read about
the regprocedure patch at:

http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/postgres/gist/tsearch/V2/docs/tsearch-V2-intro.html

Install the file regprocedure_7.4.patch.gz, then load the following into your database.

http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/postgres/gist/tsearch/V2/regprocedure_update.sql

George Essig