Re: InformationWeek article on PostgreSQL

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: InformationWeek article on PostgreSQL
Date: 2004-07-21 15:33:32
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Guys who would contact Geoff Davidson about PostgreSQL (sorry Geoff)
> know so little about us that it is not even worth the paper it is
> printed on.

Based on what do you jump to the conclusion that he "knows so little about
us"? Geoff, surprisingly enough, has a mindset of (to my chagrin at
times) techie first, businessmen second ... he knows *more* about us then
the average salesman out there pushing any database knows, and most of
that is from almost 5 years of having Thomas, Vadim and I beating it into
him. In fact, from day 1, he had enough understanding of what OSS was,
and how it worked, to know that to do anything that could/would harm it is
"a Bad Thing", and in all his business dealings concerning PostgreSQL, he
has striven(sp?) to take the "OSS ground" as required ...

Based on your one sentence above, its easier for me to come to the
conclusion that "you know so little about Geoff that I'm surprised you
even wasted the bandwidth on it", then it is for you to come to *your*
conclusion based on nadda ...

----