Re: the PostgreSQL Elephant

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: the PostgreSQL Elephant
Date: 2004-07-12 19:40:32
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Josh Berkus wrote:
> I take it, though, that you don't feel the conflict with the
> PostgreSQL, Inc. Elephant is a problem?

There is no conflict. If a company calls itself PostgreSQL, Inc., then
it will logically use the PostgreSQL elephant as its logo. If you feel
there is a conflict then the conflict is really a company calling
itself PostgreSQL, Inc. That was not particularly wise, but I don't
really consider it a problem. But the logo is really a much smaller
subset problem.