Re: vacuumdb is failing with NUMBER OF INDEX TUPLES NOT

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: vacuumdb is failing with NUMBER OF INDEX TUPLES NOT
Date: 2004-05-12 11:44:22
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 07:49:42PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:

> Hmm, I would expect that behavior for an overwrite-in-place REINDEX,
> but 7.2 only seems to use overwrite-in-place for critical system
> catalogs. What were you reindexing exactly? Were you running a
> standalone backend?

Not as far as I know (I didn't cause the problem, I only fixed it
later, so I'm relying on the report of the person who ticked the
problem to understand what happened). It was definitely on a user
column, and IIRC it was a two-field unique index. My memory is hazy
on it, though -- I didn't report it because it wasn't a system I
could leave in that state for debugging.