Re: createdb fails

From: Bill Chandler <billybobc1210(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Subject: Re: createdb fails
Date: 2004-03-29 06:51:57
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

> Ah it's SSL. Try to disable SSL in postgresql.conf,
> then it should work.

Nope. Same results. In fact, it looks like
ssl=false is the default anyway right? So I've been
running w/ SSL off all along.

> If you really need SSL, then you have to create
> that missing certificate file - don't ask me how,
> I don't know. (The file is there on my Debian Linux
> installation.)

Well, I found out at:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/ssl-tcp.html

Created server.crt file as per instructions above.
Set ssl=true in postgresql.conf. Postmaster started
successfully. Tried to createdb. Same message!!!

BTW, this is after uninstalling and reinstalling
Cygwin and PostgreSQL.

I feel like I must have done something wrong on
installation. Or maybe my machine is configured
strangely. I followed the instructions at:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs/text/FAQ_MSWIN

Are these instructions complete?

thanks,

Bill