Re: The big MySQL spin

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: The big MySQL spin
Date: 2004-03-15 20:34:01
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Andrew,

> Also, it
> seems to make for remarkably few political struggles.

Not really ... mostly we're just good at keeping our struggles out of the
public eye, and focused on "what's good for PostgreSQL."

As I've said before, mostly it's a matter of trust; very few people would
accuse Tom or Bruce of having ulterior motives that would trump their desires
to promote & improve postgresql. So while one may disagree with Tom on
hackers (and lose the argument) one pretty much always feels that one's ideas
were rejected on real grounds of merit, strategy, or database theory -- even
if you don't agree with his conclusions.

Of course, there is a real finesse to getting your ideas through Hackers. ;-)

--
-Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions