Re: The big MySQL spin

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: The big MySQL spin
Date: 2004-03-15 20:23:27
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 07:00:41AM -0500, Lamar Owen wrote:
> Benevolent oligarchy is the term you want.

Benevolent oligarchic meritocracy, perhaps. It seems to me that this
project takes more seriously than any other I've seen the idea that
the best code wins, and you'd better be able to explain your idea of
"best". Sure, one can get skewered pretty badly on -hackers for being
wrong; that's good. It sure seems to make for better code. Also, it
seems to make for remarkably few political struggles.