Re: 7.3.4 freezing

From: MaRCeLO PeReiRA <gandalf_mp(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br>
To: "scott(dot)marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)ihs(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: MaRCeLO PeReiRA <gandalf_mp(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br>, pgsql <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 7.3.4 freezing
Date: 2004-01-28 20:19:35
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Tom and Scott,

Thanks for your support. I hope the upgrade fix the
problem.

And, Scott, you are right, english isn't my first
language, I'm a brazilian and I know brazilian
portuguese. When I try to write english in a fast way,
and without doing gramatical correction, I use to go
into lots of mistakes. ;-) Thou I am really trying to
improve my english.

Well, once again, thanks for your support.

Regards,

Marcelo Pereira
Campinas' University - Brazil
Math Depth

--- "scott.marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)ihs(dot)com> escreveu:
> On Wed, 28 Jan 2004, Tom Lane wrote:
>
> > =?iso-8859-1?q?MaRCeLO=20PeReiRA?=
> <gandalf_mp(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br> writes:
> > > It isn't the case! I can do everything without
> > > problem, and without losing performance. The
> main
> > > problem is the postmaster daemon, that die.
> (really
> > > ;-)
> >
> > That's pretty hard to believe (we've not had a
> postmaster-crashing bug
> > in a long time), and it's even harder to believe
> that the symptoms would
> > be as you describe if it did. if the postmaster
> wasn't there, psql
> > connection attempts would fail immediately with
> "connection refused" or
> > similar messages.
>
> I'm pretty sure, from his first message, what he
> means is that the
> postmaster process is going into some kind of loop
> (100% CPU) and not
> responding, not necessarily dying. I'm reasonably
> certain English is not
> Marcelo's first language, so it's understandable
> he'd miss the mark on the
> meaning of a few words here and there.

Yahoo! GeoCities: a maneira mais fácil de criar seu web site grátis!
http://br.geocities.yahoo.com/