Re: 7.3.4 freezing

From: MaRCeLO PeReiRA <gandalf_mp(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "scott(dot)marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)ihs(dot)com>, pgsql <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 7.3.4 freezing
Date: 2004-01-28 20:04:37
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Tom,

I have just moved to 7.4.1. I hope to fix that
problem.

And, yes, I was receiving "connection refused" in the
cases when the postmaster was gone!

It has been exactly 36min the new version is running.
Let us see the postmaster's behavior on the next few
days!

Thanks in advance and
Regards,

Marcelo

--- Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> escreveu: >
=?iso-8859-1?q?MaRCeLO=20PeReiRA?=
> <gandalf_mp(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br> writes:
> > It isn't the case! I can do everything without
> > problem, and without losing performance. The main
> > problem is the postmaster daemon, that die.
> (really
> > ;-)
>
> That's pretty hard to believe (we've not had a
> postmaster-crashing bug
> in a long time), and it's even harder to believe
> that the symptoms would
> be as you describe if it did. if the postmaster
> wasn't there, psql
> connection attempts would fail immediately with
> "connection refused" or
> similar messages.
>
> regards, tom lane

Yahoo! GeoCities: a maneira mais fácil de criar seu web site grátis!
http://br.geocities.yahoo.com/