Re: Patch to readd documentation

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Patch to readd documentation
Date: 2004-01-24 14:53:23
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Kris Jurka wrote:
> I looked around to see how other projects handle this type of thing
> and it seemed like a number of them packaged the xsl stylesheets as
> part of the package.

We would be on the wrong side of that inclusion: the JDBC driver is 1.2
MB, the XSL stylesheets are 12 MB.

I am firmly opposed to any sort of inclusion of other packages in the
name of convenience. People who are not able or willing to install
software should use the prebuilt packages. And it's not like
installing Saxon or XSL stylesheets is a great challenge. They should
be included in recent versions of free operating systems.