Re: IMPORTANT: A temporary list for Strategic

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: IMPORTANT: A temporary list for Strategic
Date: 2004-01-10 00:08:24
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

People:

It sounds like a lot of people are unhappy with the idea of a temporary list.
But Rob is not going to re-subscribe to this list -- there is too much
traffic, and it's too difficult to filter meaningfully without reading
everything.

Marc's suggestion about "training people to have better list ettiquette" was
very amusing since he had participated in a thread hijack not an hour earlier
on this list. Marc, it's not gonna happen, it's not realistic to expect
people to change their list behavior short of full list moderation ... which
will be a lot of work for one person and will irritate a lot of other people.

I do think that our chronic lack of focussed discussions on this list is
certainly not helping move PostgreSQL advocacy forwards.

So, therefore: we will hash out the "sales message" issues on this list, and
then I will forward a summary to Rob. OK with everyone?

--
-Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions