Re: Cygwin PostgreSQL 7.4.1 Regression Test Issue

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Jason Tishler <jason(at)tishler(dot)net>
Cc: Pgsql-Cygwin <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Cygwin PostgreSQL 7.4.1 Regression Test Issue
Date: 2004-01-06 23:23:12
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Jason Tishler wrote:
> Yes, I can reproduce it under PostgreSQL 7.4.1 and Cygwin 1.5.5-1
> every time. Note that I *cannot* reproduce it under PostgreSQL 7.4
> and Cygwin 1.5.5-1. Of course, I cannot reproduce it under
> PostgreSQL 7.4.1 and Red Hat Linux 8.0.

I just tried out the 7.4 branch after a full Cygwin update (stable
packages), and all tests passed in each of several attempts. (Even
"make check" works now -- whoohoo!)

> BTW, in order to help debug this faster, what are the minimal tests
> that rules is dependent on? My current approach is to just run all
> 76 tests listed before rules in serial_schedule. Unfortunately, this
> approach take over 3 minutes per try. :,(

I managed to get the following to work:

./pg_regress create_table create_misc create_function_1 create_type
create_function_2 create_operator create_view rules

The create_table test will fail in this case, but the others should
pass.