Re: What do you want me to do?

From: david(at)fetter(dot)org (David Fetter)
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: What do you want me to do?
Date: 2003-12-25 16:03:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

In article <60islwrmgy(dot)fsf(at)dev6(dot)int(dot)libertyrms(dot)info> you wrote:
> pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us (Bruce Momjian) writes:
>> The worst was my upstairs hallway that had no light fixtures, so
>> late at night if no other lights were on in the house, you had to
>> walk down the hallway with your hands out in front of you so you
>> didn't bump into anything. We had a nightlight in the hallway, but
>> that didn't help much.

> Here's the solution:
> <http://www.nightvis.com/site/hm/pvs5/default.asp>
>
> Excalibur's Dual Tube Goggle Systems are precision-manufactured
> night vision devices which provide near-daylight operational
> capabilities at night. A built-in Infrared Light Emitting Diode (IR
> LED) provides on-call covert illumination for close-up work in
> totally dark areas. In addition, the dual tube configuration
> improves reliability and aids in the physical coordination of
> tasks, such as traversing uneven terrain, or performing complicated
> tasks by hand.

I guess that's OK, but it shows up like a beacon to all kinds of
hostile gear. Passive systems are usually a better bet.

Cheers,
David Fetter david(at)fetter(dot)org http://fetter.org/
phone: +1 510 893 6100 cell: +1 415 235 3778

Information causes change, and if it doesn't, it's not information.
You're sitting in a seat: that's not information. The person next to
you has a communicable disease: now that's information.
James Burke