Re: PostgreSQL Backup problems with tsearch2

From: Ian Barwick <barwick(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: "Ed Baer" <Ed(at)always24x7(dot)com>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL Backup problems with tsearch2
Date: 2003-11-10 21:53:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Monday 10 November 2003 20:47, Ed Baer wrote:
> To whom it may concern,
>
> Please accept my apology if this is not the correct forum, I am new and was
> unable to find the correct location to send this question.
>
> If you don't wish to answer, could you please direct me to the correct
> place to ask the question.

Try the OpenFTS-General list:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum=openfts-general

The tsearch2 homepage is here:
http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/postgres/gist/tsearch/V2/

(...)

> The question is:
>
> Is the problem with backing up and restoring a database which has tsearch2
> installed and enabled delt with in Version 7.4 of PostgreSQL?

If it's the problem with restoring the tsearch2-related functions, then no,
and I'm not sure whether it's "fixable" (in the sense that a tsearch2 enabled
database will do a painless dump/restore).

I've had some success by making sure all tsearch2-related functions
are in their own schema, which I don't dump or use for restoring;
before restoring I recreate the schema from a script, then reload
the other schemas. There's a slight gotcha though which I can't recall
offhand. I'll try and write it up next time I got through the process.

Ian Barwick
barwick(at)gmx(dot)net