Re: Status update

From: "Andreas Grabmller" <webmaster(at)letzplay(dot)de>
To: dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk, webmaster(at)letzplay(dot)de, xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Status update
Date: 2003-09-22 08:43:22
Lists: pgsql-www

Hi Dave,

----- Original-Nachricht -----
Von: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
An: <webmaster(at)letzplay(dot)de>, <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Datum: Monday, September 22, 2003 09:26 AM
Betreff: [pgsql-www] Status update

Well, the right sidebar is a good idea. I think we should not use the left one on the documentation pages as that would require us to rebuild the documentation too often to renew the surveys an gborg stats...

> I think this looks like it's about ready for primetime now Andreas - the only problems I could see are that the fonts are still smaller than we now use on the site,

The left and right bars and the menu should have the same font sizes as on the main site. I have not yet updated the templates for the inner pages...

> and on the mirrors page, 'We think this mirrors are near you:' should probably read 'We think this mirrors is near you:'. The preselected mirror should probably also be centered in the page.

For me here in Germany it shows 4 FTP mirrors for example... I think that 'is' wouldn't be grammatically correct then?

> How will that mirror code work on the mirrors?

Well, the simple anser: It won't. The links to the download.htm and to the mirrors.htm are currently hardcoded to the main website, as the actions for all the forms are.

> Regards, Dave.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Andreas Grabmüller

--