FreeBSD Thread-safe functions ...

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: FreeBSD Thread-safe functions ...
Date: 2003-09-15 02:45:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

After hearing that FreeBSD wasn't thread safe, I posted to the FreeBSD
lists to find out what is up ...

FreeBSD 5.x has a getpwuid_r function that should be used ... and, the
word I got from one of the developers was that getaddrinfo(3) should be
used instead of gethostbyname ...

Now, getpwuid_r is still not available in 4.x, so we still will fail over
there, and I've seen nothing to indicate that it will be MFCd down, but
getaddrinfo is available in both ...