Re: NLS changes

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>
To: Patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: NLS changes
Date: 2003-09-14 06:23:37
Lists: pgsql-patches

On Sun, Sep 14, 2003 at 02:14:22AM -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> - adds .y files to gettext-files in backend/nls.mk. gram.y contains
> several translatable messages that are not catched by update-po unless
> the gram.c file is generated. I don't know if this is desirable but I
> think it's better to have to gram.y file processed.
> Maybe this part of the patch could be left out (it's the first,
> trivial chunk).

I just realized that scan.l should also be included, because there are
four or five strings in there. But maybe the pot should instead be
generated on a non-clean tree so those strings are extracted from the .c
files? I downloaded the postgres.pot file from
http://developer.postgresql.org/~petere/ and those strings are not
included there.

"Tiene valor aquel que admite que es un cobarde" (Fernandel)