Re: Dutch translation

From: Frank Schoep <fschoep(at)zeelandnet(dot)nl>
To: jm(at)poure(dot)com, Fred van Bemmel <f(dot)van(dot)bemmel(at)hccnet(dot)nl>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Dutch translation
Date: 2003-09-12 09:29:31
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hello there,

first of all: yes I volunteered to do the translation of pgAdmin 3 around the
beginning of september. The background was that since I use PostgreSQL a lot
(mainly using psql) I'd join in the project to help the pgsql team and the
community. But I think I overlooked the size of the translation, and the
consistency necessary for it to make sense in the pgAdmin. And since I do not
use pgAdmin (yet) and possibly do not intend to do so in the near future
(sorry, shoot me :-) I've got a hard time trying to translate something that
I don't use when I'm doing administrative tasks with my databases.

I'd be glad to hand over my current translation in progress, with 222 strings
translated to Fred, so he can pick up where I am at the moment. Or you could
start from scratch so that your translation is fully consistent. It's your
decision :-)

What can I do? Well, the least is proofreading Fred's translation when it's
done. Or I could go and translate something that I *do* use :-) Or I will
join the normal pgsql-hackers list and start submitting patches and ideas.
Or... Hey - the possibilities are endless.

I hope we can work something out. If all other things fail, I'll just resume
my translation of pgAdmin.

Sincerely,
Frank Schoep
(not 'Schoeb' as you typo-ed :-)